Anambra Governorship Election: APC confident of ‘landslide victory’ – Mai Buni
Post created on August 18, 2021
Governor Mai Mala Buni who is the caretaker chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says the party is well-positioned to win the Anambra State Governorship Election.
He said the committee must work as a team, and reconcile conflicts between members to avoid distractions heading to the polls.
Mai Buni said, “I also wish to call on the officials, party stakeholders and our loyal party members to support the committee in achieving its set target of delivering Anambra state to APC.”
Imo State governor, Hope Izoduma, was appointed chairman of the committee, and Ebonyi State governor, Dave Umahi, appointed as deputy.
The APC candidate, Andy Uba, will face 17 other candidates at the polls scheduled for November 6.
The election is expected to be closely-fought between the APGA, APC, and PDP.
Full list of candidates:
- Ekene Nwankwo – Accord (A)
- Doreen Maduka-Arisa – Action Alliance (AA)
- Oby Chukwudozie – African Action Congress (AAC)
- Akachukwu Nwankpo – African Democratic Congress (ADC)
- Ume-Ezeoke Douglas – Action Democratic Party (ADP)
- Andy Uba – All Progressives Congress (APC)
- Chukwuma Umeoji – All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA)
- Eze Chukwuma – Allied Peoples Movement (APM)
- Azubuike Echetebu – Action Peoples Party (APP)
- Chika Jerry – Boot Party (BP)
- Agbasimalo Emmanuel – Labour Party (LP)
- Ohajimkpo Emeka – New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)
- Adaobi Okpeke – National Rescue Movement (NRM)
- Yet to be determined – Peoples Democratic Party PDP
- Nnamdi Nwawuo – Peoples Redemption Party (PRP)
- Ekelem Arinze – Social Democratic Party (SDP)
- Ifeanyi Ubah – Young Progressive Party (YPP)
- Ugwoji Uchenna – Zenith Labour Party (ZLP)